The goal of the Pre-Professional Level is to prepare the dancer for opportunities beyond graduation. Students expand their ballet vocabulary to include virtuoso steps, focusing on refining technique, developing subtlety and nuance. Students explore individual choices in movement quality, timing, and expression that develop artistry. Students also begin to explore contemporary/modern movement to develop versatility and adopt a new perspective of ballet.
The Upper Division is divided into three levels, 5,6,&7. Placement into the Upper Division is based solely on the Artistic Director’s recommendation. Students in this program must demonstrate a serious interest and commitment to training several hours a week according to their Level, including mandatory rehearsals. At SBI, students are placed in a level according to their current technical ability and will not keep a student in a level solely based on age. Students may be moved up a Level according to improvements in technical ability.
- Recommended Classes: 6 days a week.
- Progressing Ballet Technique class is offered and recommended for this Division
- Plain Black Leotard
- No Undergarments
- Pink Ballet Tights
- Pink Ballet Slippers
- Pointe Shoes
- Free Leo. Saturday: Solid Color Leotard of any color can be worn on Saturdays.
- Must wear a cover-up and street shoes when entering and exiting the School
- Warmups in class are at the discretion of the Teacher
- Hair should be neatly in a Bun with no Bangs or Wispies
- White T-Shirt
- Black Tights
- Black Ballet Slippers
- Dance Belt